Secondary material adhered to the folding carton, improves efficiency in packing lines
ComboPackTM is a service of the supply chain area that consists of the adhesion of a secondary packaging material (leaflet, wallet, label, info or promo card, etc.) to a carton.
Designed to improve packing lines efficiency when:
Manually packed products
When products are packed manually, having a pre-glued insert reduces complexity and avoids human mistakes.
Big and complex leaflets
for which there is currently no feeder or the feeder gives many problems, causing shutdowns in the packing lines.
Several inserts inside the carton
Having to insert many elements in the pack and affects packing lines speed.
Not enought feeders
Sometimes, there are not enough automatic feeders in the packing lines for all the materials required.
External repack required
When products have to be repacked externally, providing them with ComboPackTM reduces cost & time.
Occasional need to insert a material
When there is a requirement to include some materials or extra information in the carton which are unusual: patient alert cards, promo cards…
Optimizing packing performance
- Optimization: Increases efficiency of the packing lines.
- Simplification: Reduction of complexity in packing.
- Focus on core tasks: Delegating operations to the supplier that do not add value and increase complexity.
- Productivity: ComboPackTM increases packing lines speed and improves production ratios.
- Process reduction: Less complexity for procurement department.
- Stock reduction: The inserted material is now stocked in the supplier. Space release and optimal warehouse management.
- Greater versatility: Packing lines availability will not depend on the material that goes inside.
- Availability: More availability of the packing lines, more availability of time to pack more batches.
- Product differentation: ComboPackTM allows different materials to be included inside the carton. This could range from extra information, security elements or even promotional material.
How does it work?
When the carton is printed and creased, the inserts received are included in the ComboPackTM gluing lines and attached into the carton.
Packaging insights in our blog
Latest developments in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries
Subscribe and receive our newsletter with the latest news.